The Cleveland State Library is a Federal Depository Library. The library is a selective depository and currently holds more than 10,000 federal documents from 874 item categories. The documents are located in the Reference and General collections. The records for these documents are in the online public access catalog (OPAC).
- First Gov
- "The U.S. Government's official web portal"
- Government Printing Office (GPO)
- GPO's main web page. It contains information about the GPO programs and links to the other GPO sites.
- GPO Federal Digital System (FDsys)
- "GPO's Federal Digital System (FDsys) provides public access to government information submitted by Congress and Federal agencies and preserved as technology changes."
- Thomas: Legislative Information on the Internet
- Maintained by the Library of Congress, this site provides links to the U.S. Congress and legislative activity for the current congressional session and several previous sessions.
- United States Code
- The General and Permanent Laws of the United States as of 16 January 1996. This site maintained by the Legal Information Institute of the Cornell Law School allows researchers to search or browse individual titles of the code.
- FedWorld Information Network
- A central resource for delivery of information in electronic format developed and maintained by the National Technical Information Service (NTIS).
- University of Tennessee Government Documents
- A well organized site maintained by the Government Documents section of Hodges Library, the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.